Greetings, Hot Breakfast Compadres of ROCK, old and new!
If this is your first Hot Breakfast! newsletter – hey there! You are now officially part of the HB!COR, which stands for the Hot Breakfast! Compadres of ROCK. It’s an elite group, and we are thrilled to have you on board. Not to worry – we don’t send newsletters out very often; we respect your time as well as your inbox. And if you need to jump off the list, scroll to the bottom of this email to learn how, all with no hard feelings.
Anyhoo, at Kevin Regan’s request, we’re going to keep this blasto email short… otherwise he’ll make fun of us again. 🙂
UPCOMING HB! SHOWS:
Sat Jan 12, 8pm: Milkboy Coffee. Our first show at Milkboy! We’re super-excited about this show– it’s a prestigious gig, and we’re still pinching ourselves that we landed it. As of right now, it looks like we’re the only band on the bill for that night, which means you get a full night of delicious, face-melting acoustic punk dork rock Hot Breakfast action! And since we’re the only band on the bill, it’s up to us to pack the place. Folks, this is the show to see in January– and we need your attractive selves there! Let’s show Milkboy that Hot Breakfast brings a crowd! (Milkboy Coffee is located at 2 East Lancaster Ave, Ardmore, PA 19003. Easily accessible by train, and there’s easy parking, too. BYOB!) You can find deets at our website here, or on Facebook here. Please spread the word!
Sat Jan 19, 7:30pm (doors open at 7!): Delaware Friends of Folk Coffee House, Wesley College, Dover, DE. (With special guest, Trini.) The Delaware Friends of Folk invited us to headline their wonderful monthly coffee house event. It’s true, we’re not a folk band… and the good news is they’re not expecting us to act like one, either. We cannot wait to melt some faces in Dover! But since we’ve got a nice, long set to fill, we’ll be playing some of our deeper cuts and perhaps even a few slower tunes as well. There is really something special about playing for a listening room. More deets at our website here, or onFacebook here. See you there!
Thurs Feb 14, 7:30pm: Comedy Night! with Todd Chappelle & Shari Short. World Cafe Live at the Queen, Wilmington DE. This show pretty much sold out when we did this show in October, so we’re doing it again, but this time on Valentine’s Day! Let’s be honest: Everyone hates having to come up with something creative and neat for Valentine’s Day, but we’ve solved the problem for you. Take your posse to see the fabulous comedienne Shari Short, our favoritest comedy musician Todd Chappelle, and everyone’s dorktastic pals Hot Breakfast! for a Valentine’s Day night show… we promise we won’t make it awkward if you’re there with someone you’re not involved with. At World Café Live at the Queen, 5th and Market Streets, Wilmington, DE. The show really does start at 7:30. When you buy your tickets, don’t forget to also make a dinner reservation or you may not get a place to sit.
Sat Feb 16, 8-11PM: Hot Breakfast! at the Arts Quest Center, Bethlehem, PA. We’ll have the whole night to ourselves, so you get three hours of Hot Breakfast! goodness in the Arts Quest Center’s Creativity Commons. There is so much to do in Bethlehem, from shopping, dining, galleries, and just walking around on a crisp night… and we’re excited to be playing in this beautiful space with wonderful acoustics and an even more wonderful view. Spend an evening in Bethlehem, and while you’re there, come drop in for a set or two and a snack! (101 Founders Way Bethlehem, PA 18015) No cover charge!
Fri Feb 22, 6:30 – 9PM: Hot Breakfast! takes over The Young Bean! Clayton, DE. You southern Delawareans can’t gripe any longer that we don’t come down your way. The Young Bean has truly magnificent coffee, the friendliest service ever, and the kindest regulars in the state. Come on down and say hello… it’s a great way to unwind after a long workweek, and a really pretty drive, too! They have comfy chairs. You like comfy chairs. There’s no cover charge… but you may be enticed by a piece of BACON CAKE. It’s amazing.
We’re still in the studio…
We’ve had a few more sessions with the way-cool Ray Gagliardino as mix the tracks we’ve recorded at Studio 825. We are super-stoked with the way it’s coming together… we’ve got a new recording of “Hole in Your Pants,” and full-band versions of “Defender,” “39 Summers” and “Act Surprised.” We still have some more tunes to record at Knappshack Studios (er, Ji11’s house), which is where we recorded our self-titled EP, but we’re already talking about an album release date and party this spring. Still no idea what we’re calling this thing, but we promise it won’t be food-related or self-titled. We’ll keep ya posted. 🙂
A video? Sweet!
The weekend before the New Year it snowed around these parts (I am pointing to the parts) (not THOSE parts, you slob!), and our pal / local filmmaker Kevin Regan wrangled us to shoot the winter scenes for a video for our song, “An Idiot for Christmas.” It’s a three-season video, so we had to shoot the snowy scenes right away, because with this whole global warming thing who’d know if we’d get another chance? It was really fun, and we’re looking forward to the weather warming up so we can get some Beach Blanket Bingo-style shots in the summer and the leafy autumnal shots, too. We’ll need extras! So again, we’ll keep you posted. (You may recognize Kevin Regan as the guy who shot The Joe Trainor Trio‘s sweeeeet video for Keeping Up The Pace. You may also recognize Kevin Regan as the guy who made fun of us for having email blastos that are too long.)
People ask us all the time how they can help support the band. Here are eleven (11!) ideas, so take your pick:
- Come to a show! Bring a friend! Tell the bartender / manager / host(ess) that you’re there to see us.
- Like us on Facebook. Promoters/booking agents gauge a band’s popularity (perhaps unfairly) on how many “likes” a bad has, so it’s time for us to get on the FB horse. So, if you haven’t done so already, please give us a “Like” and encourage your friends to do so as well. That’s a big help! (Please note that there are a few groups/organizations called “Hot Breakfast” on Facebook. Make sure you’re liking the right one! Look for our picture, or go to facebook.com/
HotBreakfastRocks — don’t forget the “Rocks.”
- Follow us on Twitter: We’re @hotbreakfast .
- If you know of any venues where you think we’d be welcome, let us know! Email us here at awesomesauce@hot-breakfast.
com. The name and location of the venue is necessary of course, and if you happen to know someone there, their name and contact info would be extra helpful.
- Forward this to a friend, or ask them to sign up for the mailing list.
- Buy an EP, and play it loudly. 🙂
- Share our videos with your friends on YouTube, or record and upload your own when you see us live. We love that. 🙂
- When you see a sign in front of a hotel that says “HOT BREAKFAST,” yell “Hot Breakfast!” really loudly and throw your fist in the air. Bonus points if you take a picture of yourself this and post it on the internetz. If you post it using Instagram, mention us! We’re @hotbreakfast on instagram.
- Consider hosting a house concert. We’ll come to your house and play for you and your pals… it’s a blast, and easier and less expensive than you think! Email us here at awesomesauce@hot-breakfast.
com and we’ll walk you through it.
- Visit our website to stay up to date on our latest shows. We’re constantly adding new gigs, and that’s always the best place to see when and where we’re playing. Our calendar is on the right-hand side of our page.
- Just say hi after a show. 🙂
AND… THE DISMOUNT.
If you’ve gotten this far, thank you so much for reading. We admire your tenacity! 🙂 If you’d like to be removed from this list, no hard feelings. Just hit Reply and type Unsubscribe in either the subject or the first line of the body of your email, and our trained robots will handle the rest.
Thank you again, so sincerely, for being a Compadre of ROCK. We are so grateful to you for your support, your kindness, and your enthusiastic fist-pumps. We really, really love you.
We hope your 2013 is treating you with the love and happiness your awesome self deserves.
Ji11 and Suburban Legend
(aka Jill and Matt)
Jill Knapp + Matt Casarino + rock scowls = HOT BREAKFAST!
Delaware’s premier acoustic dork-rock power duo
Hey Kevin Regan, if you read this far, I hope we made you proud. 🙂