It’s Homey Awards Season ladies and gentlemen, and now is the time when we beg you to nominate us for an award or two. We know it’s gross; we know it’s shameless. But we’ve worked really hard throughout 2013, and we’d love to be recognized for some of it. Can you blame us? Even the most ego-secure people need validation every once in a while.
This time, we’re asking you to vote in the 8th Annual WSTW Homey Awards (the link goes to a Facebook Note that lists the categories and nominees you can choose from, but don’t worry, you don’t need a Facebook account to view it). This is where you get to vote for all your favorite Delaware musicians, bands, songs, albums, and videos from this past year.
And as you most likely know, 2013 was an amazing year for Delaware music.
How do you do it? Simple. Just send an email to Homey (at) wstw.com with your picks between now and February 7nd, 2013. All of the categories, eligible albums, EPs, and songs are listed on that Facebook Note, but you don’t need Facebook to vote – and you can even add your own categories in your email. Because this is the preliminary round, you can pick up to five nominees in any category, but you only get one email entry per person… so make it good!
As hey, as it turns out, your pals Hot Breakfast! are eligible for this round’s voting! We’d love it if you’d consider us for:
- Album of the Year: “39 Summers,” Hot Breakfast!
- Song of the Year: “We Are Not Cool” and “Defender,” Hot Breakfast!
- Band: Hot Breakfast!
- Lead Singer: Jill Knapp of Hot Breakfast!
- Live Act: Hot Breakfast!
- Comedy-Music Artist: Hot Breakfast!
- Best Songwriter: Matt Casarino, Hot Breakfast!
- Best Rock Song: “We Are Not Cool” and “Defender,” Hot Breakfast!
- Best Alternative Song: “Defender,” Hot Breakfast!
- Best Collaboration: Hot Breakfast! and Todd Chappelle, “This is Our Hit Song”
- Best Pop Song: “This is Our Hit Song,” Hot Breakfast! and Todd Chappelle
- Best Video: Hot Breakfast, “An Idiot for Christmas” (Kevin Regan, dir.)
- Best Producer: Ritchie Rubini (for Hot Breakfast’s “39 Summers”)
- Best Engineer: Ray Gagliardino< (for Hot Breakfast's "39 Summers")/li>
- Best Studio: Studio 825 (for Hot Breakfast’s “39 Summers”)
…and any other category where you think we deserve a nod!
If you’re very trusting (or just lazy), scroll down and copy/paste our pre-written nomination note and email it over to email@example.com. See how helpful we are?
But tell you what, friends – even if you DON’T vote for us, we still want you to vote. There are so many wonderful musicians in Delaware – the original music scene here is as active, essential, and vibrant as ever – and this is a great way to show some love to your favorites. We are so indebted to WSTW’s Hometown Heroes for their wonderful focus on, and commitment to, Delaware music, and hosting these awards is a great way to give recognition to the many, many wonderful artists in the area.
So vote, won’t you? Again, in this preliminary round, you can vote for up to five artists/venues in each category. And all of them will love you and find you wildly appealing.
Why? Because VOTING IS SEXY, that’s why.
Your fellow Americans,
* * * * * * * * *
IF YOU’RE LAZY AND/OR TRUSTING, PLEASE COPY/PASTE THIS TEXT INTO AN EMAIL AND SEND IT TO HOMEY@WSTW.COM
Hi! I’d like to nominate the following acts for the Homey Awards. Thank you!
- Album of the Year: “39 Summers” by Hot Breakfast!, “Start Sinning” by John and Brittany, “One by One” by Angela Sheik, “Morning People” by Todd Chappelle, “Better Late than Never” by The Keefs
- EP of the year: “Wrong Decision” by Brene Wilson, “Soul” by The Honey Badgers, “Nature Tunes” by Em McKeever, “Dismantled” by RKVC
- Song of the Year: “We Are Not Cool” by Hot Breakfast!; “Defender” by Hot Breakfast!
- Band: Hot Breakfast!
- New Artist: WaveRadio
- Male solo artist: Dan Orlando; Brene Wilson
- Female solo artist: Angela Sheik; Noelle Picara; Rachel Schain; Jessica Graae
- Lead Singer: Jill Knapp of Hot Breakfast!; Dan Kauffman of Glim Dropper
- Best Producer Ritchie Rubini
- Best Songwriter: Matt Casarino of Hot Breakfast!
- Guitarist: Ben Geise (Glim Dropper), Chris Malinowski (The Collingwood), Colin McGetrick (WaveRadio)
- Bass player: Kevin Niemi (Joe Trainor Trio), Dan Kauffmann (Glim Dropper), Joe Testa (Noelle Picara), Ray Gagliardino
- Drummer: Jeff Dement (Joe Trainor Trio), Rob Schnell (Glim Dropper), Ritchie Rubini, Jeff Dombchik (Lori Citro), Kenn Koubek (The Keefs)
- Keyboardist: Joe Trainor (Joe Trainor Trio), James McGlaughlin (WaveRadio)
- Live Act: Hot Breakfast!
- Rock song: “We Are Not Cool” by Hot Breakfast!, “Defender” by Hot Breakfast!, “Talkin’ to a Wall” by The Keefs, “Zzzoloft” by John and Brittany
- Best Alternative Song: “Defender” by Hot Breakfast!
- Folk/Americana artist: The Honey Badgers; Halley/McKeever/Palko; Jessica Graae
- Best Collaboration: Hot Breakfast! and Todd Chappelle, “This is Our Hit Song”; and Angela Sheik and Dante Bucci
- Best Video: Hot Breakfast, “An Idiot for Christmas” (Kevin Regan, dir.); Angela Sheik, “My Turn”; Wave Radio, “Out of Reach”
- Best live music venue: World Cafe Live at the Queen, Arden Gild Hall, 1984
- Best original music concert/event of the year: Wilmo Rock Circus
- Comedy-Music Artist: Hot Breakfast!; Todd Chappelle
- Best Pop Song:: “This is Our Hit Song,” Hot Breakfast! and Todd Chappelle
- Best Engineer:: Ray Gagliardino
- Best Studio:: Studio 825
And yes, sincerely… thank you. We love you, and are so grateful for your support!