Last September, we had a wonderful night at a funky little coffee shop in Clayton, Delaware.
We played two full sets at The Young Bean and had a marvelous time. We’re so thrilled to be back there on Friday, March 22 for another round. The show starts at 6:30, and we’ll be performing until 9:00, or until they kick us out (6:37).
And you should join us. Seriously, you should.
- The Young Bean is awesome (link goes to their Facebook page). It’s an independent shop with amazing coffee and tea and really good food, including BACON CAKE.
- The owners, Kim and Eric, are super-cool and made us feel really loved and welcome.
- NO COVER CHARGE. That means it’s free, Jack.
- It’s a small place, where we get to do a truly acoustic show – no mics. (This may not be the best news for the patrons, for we are far more likely to run around like idiots when we don’t have cables.)
- The folks who hang out at The Young Bean are really wonderful and friendly.
- We’re playing for 2 1/2 hours, so we get to dig deep into our catalog and play some quieter, more introspective cuts.
- But we’ll still be playing loud & dorky cuts as well.
- We just might be playing some brand-new material.
- Eric Young painted that great sign for us for our gig there last September.
- We don’t get to play south of Newark much, but between this and our Saturday gig in Dover, we’ll be spending the weekend in Kent County!
It’ll be a great night. See you at The Young Bean!
WHAT: Hot Breakfast! at The Young Bean, 314 Main Street, Clayton, DE.
WHEN: Friday, March 22nd. We play from 6:30 to 9.
WHERE: On the very charming Main Street in Clayton, Delaware. Here’s a map – it’s easy to find.
COST: THERE IS NO COST. But if you don’t buy some coffee, you truly will be missing out.
FOOD: Food! Coffee! Iced Chai Lattes! (They’re FANTASTIC) Bacon cake! Once again, with feeling…bacon cake.
FACEBOOK EVENT: Right here!
(The Suburban Legend)