The Rock Orchestra is proud to announce BEATLEFEST 2019: We’re bringing back our concert series that everyone’s still talking about: playing every song released by The Beatles, played live on stage over six consecutive nights from July 29 – August 3, 2019. Every album. Every single. Every instrument.
In addition to a core band consisting of Joe Trainor, Brendan Sheehan, Joey Lopes, Josh Dowiak, Jill Knapp, Matt Casarino and Rich Degnars, the festival will include a full string and horn section, harp and an authentic Indian ensemble to provide note-for-note renditions of all 215 songs. All of this music is taking place at the historic Wilmington Drama League.
Each night will explore (mostly) two full albums and the singles surrounding them. Here’s the schedule:
- Night 1: Monday July 29 will include ‘Please Please Me” and ‘With The Beatles’;
- Night 2: Tuesday July 30 will tackle ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ and ‘Beatles For Sale’;
- Night 3: Wednesday July 31 will explore ‘Help!’ and ‘Rubber Soul’. (This night features Hot Breakfast!)
- Night 4: Thursday August 1 finds us focusing on three albums: ‘Revolver’, ‘Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ and ‘Magical Mystery Tour’;
- Night 5: Friday August 2 presents ‘The Beatles’ (also known as The White Album) which is a double-album; and the festival concludes on…
- Night 6: Saturday August 3 with a presentation of ‘Abbey Road’ and ‘Let It Be’. (and an afterparty for band and VIPs!)
We’ll also be joined by over a dozen special guests throughout the week. They include Adam Beck, Todd Chappelle, Christine McAllister, and more… plus we’re welcoming back a few guests from 2018 as well: Simon Godfrey, Lew Indellini, Kerry Kristine McElrone… and yep, your pals Jill and Matt of Hot Breakfast! will also be featured performers on Night 3!
There are a few different ticket options depending on how much Beatles you want to eat. We have single-night tickets available so you can attend for just your favorite albums, and we also have festival passes available at a discount for people wanting to attend for all six nights. You may also upgrade your single-night tickets or festival passes to VIP Tickets, which includes special seating, drink tickets, a limited edition festival lanyard, access to the closing night afterparty, and more!
2019 TICKET OPTIONS:
Single Tickets: $30
Single VIP Tickets: $60
Festival Passes: $150
Festival VIP Passes: $275
VIP Package includes:
– First two rows seating
– 2 Drink Tickets per night
– TRO BeatleFest T-shirt
– Admission to the final night closing party with the band and guests
– BeatleFest 2019 lanyard
Tackling this music is a huge undertaking, and it’s been thrilling to rehearse it for a second year. We have been rehearsing this music twice per week since February 2019, and we are so excited to present this music true to the recordings. (Revolution #9 was especially fun to rehearse and perform… really looking forward to that one again!)
Don’t miss out on being a part of this historic festival.
WHAT: Hot Breakfast! joins The Rock Orchestra as we play the music of The Beatles!
WHERE: Wilmington Drama League, 10 Lea Boulevard, Wilmington, DE
WHEN: July 29- August 3, 2019. Doors open at 7:00pm, show starts at 8:00pm each night.
TICKETS: Several flavors and tiers of tickets are available on The Rock Orchestra’s website.
PARKING: Plenty of parking directly across the street in the parking lot.
FOOD: This is a theater, so there won’t be food served; however there will be a cash bar. (Some ticket tiers include drinks.)
FACEBOOK EVENT: https://www.facebook.com/events/315468802467322/
Hope to see you there as we tackle what is pretty much an insane undertaking.